Function:

I am a visual artist and woodworker creating functional and character filled furniture and accessories using the many techniques I have accumulated over the years. I received my BFA in 1998 and have since done fine art, finish carpentry, cabinet installation, and faux finishing. I have been doing original furniture design and custom woodwork since 2010.
My goal and purpose is to combine these elements and skills to make functional beautiful furniture that is inviting as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Learning the art of the Luthier

This has been a long journey for me, I have been reading up on how to make guitars for a few years now, and I finally jumped in and built a steam box and started small with an Ukulele. I just picked that instrument up this summer as a camp instrument and I rather like it.
  This goes up to the clamping of the back board, that's as far as I've gotten so far. I will take the clamps off today.
























No comments:

Post a Comment