Function:

I am a visual artist and woodworker creating functional and character filled furniture and accessories using the many techniques I have accumulated over the years. I received my BFA in 1998 and have since done fine art, finish carpentry, cabinet installation, and faux finishing. I have been doing original furniture design and custom woodwork since 2010.
My goal and purpose is to combine these elements and skills to make functional beautiful furniture that is inviting as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Experimental Red Cedar stump coffee table with reclaimed clear fir top. $150.00

I hauled this stump of red cedar out of the river months ago. Quite the transformation.

I realize these tables are really weird and totally not for everybody but these stumps called to me and I answered.



So after mixing my custom whitewash I realized my oil paints are basically straight oil pigment. Made a blackwash, or black stain from urethane and ivory black.

These pieces of fir were formerly stair treads at an old house in West Linn, circa 1940. 




No comments:

Post a Comment