Function:

I am a visual artist and woodworker creating functional and character filled furniture and accessories using the many techniques I have accumulated over the years. I received my BFA in 1998 and have since done fine art, finish carpentry, cabinet installation, and faux finishing. I have been doing original furniture design and custom woodwork since 2010.
My goal and purpose is to combine these elements and skills to make functional beautiful furniture that is inviting as well as aesthetically pleasing.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tabletop Progress continued...

After applying a coat of urethane yesterday, I let it dry overnight and today begin the glazing process. This is the same treatment that I did on the driftwood shelves and I have a feeling it will become a trade mark of my reclaimed wood pieces.

After a liberal application of the glaze, basically pull it back off with a rag and let it hang out in the imperfections.

The finished product from one angle,

here's from the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment